20 July 2008

Back on the Job

I took a few extra days after getting home, but I see I've missed a Visitor so I had better get back with it. Since I'm typing this, I may as well say something about something. How about how terrible Tom Brokaw has been on Meet the Press the past two Sundays? His feigned attempt to ask Al Gore a couple of tough questions this morning were worthy of an eye-roll. At least Russert had a little fire in him when he drilled people - even those you knew he liked or agreed with. Brokaw is a wet noodle.

3 comments:

Istvan said...

Regarding your summary of String Theory and the Theory of Everything: a valiant effort for an english major, albeit seriously misleading at various points. On the whole, closer to being right than wrong. Can't expect much rigor in 500 words. (Incidentally, electrons cannot be "seen" by any "microscope" no matter how poweful, even in theory. See: Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.
Also, electrons do not contain quarks) The fact that you like Bill Murray definitely counts as an attenuating circumstance.

Elizabeth Crum - "E!!" said...

Hm. Thanks for visiting. My original post was 1800 words and I edited it down (figuring I'd lose people after about 500 words). Which I suppose would have given me more opportunity for being wrong. (ha) I guess I need to study up, so, I shall.

Anonymous said...

That's right, be a good little Fox droid. Whining about media bias from your limited ilk is an exercise in irony. Go download your Rush podcast!
You are attacking the messenger cause you don't like the message, the sign of a limited mind for sure,

 
Clicky Web Analytics