24 July 2008

John Derbyshire: Talking to the Plumber

For today’s post I defer to the excellent thoughts of Mr. John Derbyshire, whose writing, intellect and wit I admire (though I disagree with him on matters of God and Creation and do not like the sarcastic and dismissive tone he often adopts when discussing them).

I try not to be too vexed about it, though, because Derb will be gently corrected (as will we all, in those areas of Belief in which we err) when he eventually meets his Maker. And I do hope mercy prevails that day, as I would very much like to sit and chat with him some lazy afternoon in Heaven.

Update: A friend asks me if I'm going to disclose that I recently wrote a complaint letter about Derb's caustic sarcasm (in re: to Creationists) to the editors at National Review. Consider it disclosed. I have a love-hate readlationship with Derb, what can I say...

Clicky Web Analytics


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an arrogant little theocon twit and even more intellectually limited. Derbyshire has about 10 time your talk show level of intellect.
BTW: For all your babbel about religion, which is only an exercise in moral one up manship, you are spiritually a dead person. You use religion like the sewage plant sprays that deodorant fog, to cover up the stink

 
Clicky Web Analytics